"So I kept writing through the summer, and in August the baby was born and I’d cradle him in my left arm while writing melodies at the piano with my right, and I said, let Osiris the keeper of the gates be my witness, other songwriters may go soft when they get to be parents but I am going to keep going all the way down into the inner darkness, it will set a good example for the baby, and besides, what am I going to do, suddenly start writing songs about cute things instead of songs about how to wrest cries of triumph from the screaming places? Please. May the baby grow up to spit in my face if I should pose that hard."
These words thrill me more than anything I’ve heard in months. Thank you, JD.
- grungebook likes this
- mootpoint reblogged this from therichgirlsareweeping
- miraculous reblogged this from therichgirlsareweeping
- imathers likes this
- bwall05 likes this
- softcommunication likes this
- rainabloom likes this
- davebloom reblogged this from therichgirlsareweeping
- qualx likes this
- derasso likes this
- alltheweirdkidsupfront likes this
- unbornwhiskey likes this
- whatfreshheckisthis likes this
- therichgirlsareweeping posted this