1. I AM SEEING FIONA APPLE TOMORROW. I kind of can’t believe it’s really happening.
2. The highlight of my weekend was test driving the world’s tweest bike.
3. Today I took myself out to eat a falafel and go see Magic Mike since my energetic campaign to get my boyfriend to go with me had failed. (He wouldn’t go because he’s too fancy to see a Channing Tatum movie, not for other reasons.) It is super-interesting and great and entertaining and really I need to write another post about it.
4. After I got home from the movies I was feeling weirdly energetic and it was just regular hot as opposed to death hot so I went for a run for the first time since I tore some ligaments in my ankle on Halloween. (I probably could have done it sooner, I’ve danced on it for hours to no ill effect but I was just really nervous about re-injury.) It was really hard and it wasn’t very long - though I did get lost and have to consult my phone and walk an extra half an hour to get home - but I made it for the full time I planned and I feel amazing. This will make me sound like a weird fitness zombie, but exercising really actually always does make me feel better - like, more focused, more optimistic, more energetic, even happier? Even though I know this from experience, I still am persistently surprised when this happens.
5. I still only travel by foot/ And by foot it’s a slow climb/ But I’m good at being uncomfortable, so/ I can’t stop changing all the time […] If there was a better way to go then it would find me/ I can’t help it the road just rolls out behind me/ Be kind to me/ Or treat me mean/ I’ll make the most of it/ I’m an extraordinary machine